50plus-bees2

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Thu Nov 21 12:54 pm  #1

Good Morning

Well we've arrived! 

Let's hope we've left the problems behind with the old forum. 

If walking was good for you postmen would be immortal

Thu Nov 21 9:04 pm  #2

Re: Good Morning

Hello everyone. Its been a weird day weathwise. Its been absolutely lashing down one minute, then dry the next. Heavy clouds parted and we saw the sun and some rainbows. Then while we were in Newquay the sky cleared but it started raining as we came home. The car has duly been delivered to its new owner and he drove us home and took us food shopping. I've never whizzed round the supermarket so quickly with two males in attendance - one knowing what he was doing and the other following!!!! Don't think it will sink in until a bit later. 

Hope it works out easier for you on this forum Hazel 

xx Diane 

Fri Nov 22 10:39 am  #3

Good morning all. It's nice to be back have missed you all.  My security system is happy and so am I.

Fri Nov 22 11:52 am  #4

Good morning everyone. Another very wet day here today. A quiet day here with the second part of the new crochet along coming out -- well its out now and I sat doing a bit before I got dressed.

The other forum was very secure Annie. It was just a weird blip in the system which said sites weren't safe because of a reason which escapes me now (I think it was the https ... if the s was missing it was unsafe and that wasn't the case)

xx Diane 

Fri Nov 22 4:34 pm  #5

Afternoon all, Glad to see you Carol. I see Dani's registered too. 

Can't do much about the look of this forum, but I can change the colours if anyone's got a preference? 

It's absolutely pelting down with rain all afternoon, the garden is now 4" under water. It's just gushing out of the drainage ditch along the back and over into my garden. Peed off with it now. 

Fri Nov 22 6:14 pm  #6

Hello,  so here we all are

I have been all over the place today acting as taxi driver for my mother.

Pippa is having a lot of trouble with the nightly blood thinning injections her tummy is black and blue , the Dr agrees that injecting into bruises is not  much fun and as she has at least another 40 plus weeks of doing this they are trying to see what can be done for her. Her morning sickness lasts all day but the  good news is her heart rate is slowing down thank goodness.

Last edited by starry (Fri Nov 22 6:28 pm)

Sat Nov 23 8:35 am  #7

Good morning, going to have my hair cut this morning , when I get back I would like to start putting up the Christmas decorations but I don't think Paul will be very keen, I think it makes sense to do them today because we are  out next weekend and busy in the week    

It is  very wet and miserable this morning .

Sat Nov 23 9:15 am  #8

Good morning everyone. Its another very wet and gloomy day outside. We've got Maya's Second Birthday today.

xx Diane 

Sat Nov 23 10:29 am  #9

Good morning everyone! Nice to see you Dani, it's good to have the 'gang' back together again. 

We've had torrential rain here and my lawn is 50% under water. Pfffft

I'm making more flat fairy bookmarks today. I've only got one made up for the craft fair as a sort of prototype but can bash them out a bit quicker now I know what i'm doing. Designing and putting into practice is always a slow process. 

Basically its a strip of felt with a pair of legs and skirt one end and head and arms plus wings the other. They look quite attractive. I realise not many people still read books, but they'd make a super unusual pressie. 

Other than that I'm not doing much. 

ooooh haven't updated on my Asda glasses. 2 designer pairs for £120. That includes frames, thin lens, 3 coatings and tints. Picked them up last Monday. They're fab. I am so pleased with them. I couldnt afford to go back to Boots Opticians, my brother had paid for my last glasses and he's been dead 4yrs. So to get 2 pairs for that price was brilliant. I can only praise Asda Opticians. Excellent eye test and follow on service with the frames. I need a pair of computer glasses as mine are badly scratch, they do some frames with lens and coatings for £45 so I'll probably get a pair of those as they're only used for when I'm on the computer. 

Starry, poor Pippa. Morning sickness must be absolutely horrible, there's nothing worse than feeling sick. Bless her heart. 

Enjoy your day folks! Keep warm and dry.

Sat Nov 23 4:23 pm  #10

Bitterly cold this morning. Now it's raining.  Not done a lot did too much the other day and my back and knees are  still complaining. Pottering gently is all I can manage. Starry sorry we didn't get to see you this summer. We've both been poorly not been able to catch up with any of our friends. Hopefully next year will be better. I see Pippa has morning sickness, poor Pippa when is the baby due?

Board footera