50plus-bees2

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Thu Apr 25 8:01 pm  #4931

Re: Good Morning

Had a letter from the Court confirming my case is now the first fixture on Monday as the case before mine has been settled out of court. So that's good. 

Whats not so good is, the chap came to resolve the blockage in my toilet and it was working great but today I discovered it's leaking behind the toilet waste pipe as it goes through the wall. So assume when he used force to release the blockage it cracked or broke the water seal/gasket. So now I have water leaking out on to the bathroom floor. Plus for some reason it won't flush toilet paper or poop down the pipe. So I rang Sanctuary and they said as its not an emergency !!!!!! it's booked for repair as a new job and someone will be in touch to come out the week after next! Unbelievable.  So I am phoning Sanctuary again tonight at 9pm as the night staff seem to have a bit more common sense and the chap I usually speak to will be on duty and probably remember me and the problem.  I can't go 2 weeks without flushing the toilet and having to mop up the leak or scooping out the poop to dispose of somewhere else. I'm fuming! 

If walking was good for you postmen would be immortal

Thu Apr 25 9:04 pm  #4932

Muddles I hope you got to talk to someone tonight and that they are sorting out  your toilet for you !  good news about the court case do you have to go or does someone represent you I can't remember when my friend had to take someone to court whether she had to attend or not.

Fri Apr 26 7:43 pm  #4933

Good afternoon all. My day has so far not been good. I had to cancel my COVID shot as my cold has returned with a vengeance. It has been over three weeks since my cleaner gave it to me and I can't get rid of it. I'm not a happy bunny.  Muddles I do hope that your toilet is going to be dealt with promptly. two weeks is ridiculous,

Sat Apr 27 7:50 am  #4934

Good morning, Annie I hope your cold goes very quicklly.

We are going to my sons later this morning , his eldest son is three today so they have about 20 close family members going for a chilli and birthday cake party, it is lovely catching up with my daughter in laws family we have all become good friends  over the years.

The weather does not look very good it is not raining yet but I think it will be soon.

Muddles I hope your toilet has been fixed !  it really is the one thing you cannot manage without!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Sat Apr 27 12:13 pm  #4935

Good morning everyone.

Wet here again.

I've been doing the housework and washing and just finished.

Yesterday a crowd of us went to Looe by train.  It was a reasonably easy journey and one I could do on my own now I've done it.  The weather stayed dry until the rain started  but we managed to get round  Good to do something different.

That's madness saying a toilet isn't essential when it's the only one Hazel. Hope you got somewhere. 

xx Diane 

Sat Apr 27 9:25 pm  #4936

Evening all. Twisted my knee today, all I did was turn around to get the milk out of the fridge, so been hobbling about all day trying to do chores and feeling like hop along Cassidy. lol 

The plumber idd come out at ten last night, it wasn't the gasket it was the cistern leaking, there's 2 bolts hold it down onto the toilet itself and one was leaking but it took him ages to find it. He's sealed it now so no more leaks for now and put some stuff down the pan to clear any more blockage that there might be further along the pipe. 

Sanctuary told me if the toilet isn't as bad as I've told them it was then they will charge me £200 charge back and the call out fee for the plumber. The plumber told me if he hadn't repaired it last night it would have been a bigger problem and flooded the bathroom so if Sanctuary decide to send me a bill they can whistle for it and will have to take me to court because I won't pay, I think the court would be on my side and if not, they cant get blood out of a stone. 

I've gone through all my folders to check I have everything in order for Court on Monday, I'm a bit stressed about it so will be glad when it's all over. Starry yes I have to attend and I don't have anyone representing me, Solicitors aren't interested as there's no money in it for them. I've had to do it all myself. 

It's been a damp and showery day today and I've felt freezing cold, for some reason. Put the heating on all day and was still cold. Hope I've not caught anything from the plumber. I had 40 winks this afternoon on the sofa, which is something I never do, but I just feel worn out lately with all the stress. Plus I thought it might help the knee get better. I don't want that playing up Monday as I have to drive to St Austell to collect Chloe, then to court then back to St Austell and then home again so will have clocked up about 60 miles or more by the end of the day.

Sun Apr 28 8:17 am  #4937

Good morning everyone.

Its dry at the moment with rain  close by I hear.

No plans for today 

xx Diane 

Sun Apr 28 10:43 am  #4938

Good morning we have non stop rain now for about 24 hrs so the floods are back.

Muddles good luck tomorrow I hope the outcome is what you want. When I was at college I did Law for a couple of years , I hated it except when we were allowed in the court rooms and watched various things from shoplifting to a murder trial , needless to say I left the course and got married instead much to my parents dismay.

We had a really lovely day yesterday at my sons for my grandsons 3rd birthday, there were 23 of us my DIL's family and ours,  we all get on really well and the children all play so nicely. Tom (my son) cooked a huge chilli which was very nice .  I am very lucky having such a large family that all get on , my mother is 95 in a couple of weeks and she loved every minute makes me laugh her great grandchildren call her  G'MA  which she loves . 

Sun Apr 28 10:47 am  #4939

Glad to hear you had such a good day yesterday Starry.

Good luck for tomorrow Hazel You probably won't have time to post here before you go. Looking forward to hearing all about it 

xx Diane 

Sun Apr 28 3:38 pm  #4940

Thanks Starry and Diane I'll post on here tomorrow evening to let you know how things go. 

The family birthday party sounded wonderful Starry, I sometimes wish I had relatives alive it's a bit grim being the only one. But there's lots in a similar boat to me so mustn't complain. It must be lovely to see the grand and gt grand kids growing up. How wonderful for your mother. 

Diane it was quite nice today, not as cold as it has been and dry thank goodness, I thought Peter would be round to cut the lawn which is now over 12" high but no such luck. So I went round to ask when he's likely to do it and he's coming this week but the weather's going to be wet all week, so I can't see him doing it.  Poor little Dora is getting a sore tummy and under carriage as the grass is so long, when it's wet she gets chapped skin bless her. So I have to rub her down with dry warm towel as soon as she comes in. Which she loves!

Sorted out what I'm wearing to court and washed my hair and gone thru the folder again to double check I have everything. So will try and relax for the rest of the evening now. 

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone! xxx

Board footera