50plus-bees2

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Mon May 6 11:26 am  #4961

Re: Good Morning

Good morning everyone. 

Another lovely day here.

I'm off to bowls, otherwise I'd be out oiling the garden furniture.  I did think of cancelling and staying and doing that.  But I re-wrote my will instead. It can be signed and witnessed on Wednesday and that will that job done.  That's sorted SIL out of my hair.

xx Diane 

Mon May 6 1:05 pm  #4962

It is horrible here non stop rain, I went through my summer clothes , I have chucked out quite a few things that just look old and a bit tatty so now I have hardly anything left!   I also went through my dresses , my nephew is getting married in the summer and I was hoping I could use one for the wedding but non of them look right so I will have to buy something.
I hope you have a nice lunch Muddles. We are taking my mother out for a meal on Friday , we have booked a table several times and for one reason or another we have had to cancel so I am keeping fingers crossed we actually go this time.

Tue May 7 7:50 am  #4963

Good morning everyone.

Its a dry day here but a little cloudy.

I want to get into the garden to oil the garden furniture -- probably finish off cleaning some slabs and do the garage door --- and clear up some leaves from down the side that has been neglected for too long.  At least I can fill the garden bin up ready for collection this week.  That's the plan anyway.

xx Diane 

Tue May 7 2:52 pm  #4964

Today summer has arrived it is lovely and supposed to last for the week. I had a dentist appointment this morning, everything was fine expect for the £72  it cost for 10 minutes. 
I have been pottering about outside and planting out some  plants I have been growing  for the last couple of months. 

Wed May 8 7:49 am  #4965

Good morning everyone                       

Its dry but cloudy here.

I'm off to Knit and Natter, Chair Yoga then WI tonight.

​That's a heft wack for a check up Starry 

xx Diane 

Wed May 8 7:49 am  #4966

hefty

xx Diane 

Wed May 8 8:35 am  #4967

Good morning, Diane I think dentists charges are horrendous we have no NHS dentists  in this area so we have no choice .

I am not sure what to do today, once my food shop has been delivered I will decide whether to see both my girls or just mooch about at home.

Wed May 8 1:12 pm  #4968

Good afternoon everyone. Blazing sun again here today. I put the new little robot mower to work yesterday and the day before and he's cut all the grass out the back, 200m2. Took him about 5hours. 

Yesterday I rang for a repeat of Lily's   pain killer and the snotty receptionist told me I would have to wait 48hours, I told her I'd run out Friday and that I didn't know it was so low as you can't see through the plastic bottle, so she said "You should have ordered it earlier, it's not our fault you didn't."  I've had a run in with her before, the last time was when I had to take Dora and she told me the wrong time and I had to sit in the car in mid winter with a poorly dog for an hour before I could be seen and she was adamant she'd told me the correct time. Well she didn't. Then when Dora had her cruciate done and I went to pay she added on £85 to the bill and when I asked what's that for she said "oh it's always an extra £85 for the pre surgery injection" I told her the vet would have put it on the bill if I had to pay it and so had to wait to see the vet again a week or so later to ask her if she'd forgotten to add it or not and then it caused all sorts of problems because the vet said she didn't add it on because it was included in the price. So as they're not owned by a big international company who do the accounts it took a long time to get refunded. 

Anyway I was thinking of changing to the new vet which is a bit further away but owned by the man who started the vet I was already with, he didn't agree with the company being sold out to this big international company so he left and they had to pay him off as he and another vet were the founders as it were. So he formed this new vets called Beacon Vet Care.  I took Chloe there to register her dogs and had a guided tour and checked out their prices and they are heaps cheaper so yesterday when the receptionist was snotty with me I rang Beacon Vet Care and registered Lily and Dora and they saw Lily at 4.30pm yesterday and she got her pain killers straight away. The old vets hadn't sent the medical history to them as requested so the vet I saw at Beacon VC said she'd phone them again to chase them up, she said they're probably being awkward. 

When Coline started Beacon VC most of the admin staff went with him and some of the vets. He said owners shouldn't be ripped off when they see the vet and the big international vet groups encourage that, he wants to keep his bills as low as possible to help the owners and keep their pets healthy. 

When I left the vets I was only just along the road overtaking a line of parked cars when a young lad in a white BMW hurtled round the corner and didn't slow down, I couldnt pull in so he ripped my heated electric door mirror off. I got out of my car and he pulled up and then reversed back a bit. I told him he was speeding and asked for his details for the insurance as the door mirror are about £300 at least plus fitting. He said he wasn't going to give me his details and was adamant as I was overtaking the parked cars I was in the wrong and he had right of way. I was fuming. I told him I had a dash cam front and back but he didn't care and sped off at speed.  I was shaking and the poor dog and cat in the car were too. When I got home I reported him online to the police and I have to keep the video footage for a year so I'll be getting a new sd card today until I can suss out how to get the video off the camera. pffft.

Oh and in the morning before all that happened, I almost choked before breakfast, that was scary, took me an hour to get back to normal and had begun to turn blue in the face.  Then I went into the garden lunchtime to move some railway sleepers and dropped one on top of my right foot. God it hurt. So last night my foot was like a football and so painful. 

I think I should have stayed in bed yesterday lol 

If walking was good for you postmen would be immortal

Thu May 9 8:20 am  #4969

Good morning everyone. 

Another lovely day here.

I'm giving weigh in a miss and going food shopping and that's my lot for the day.

At least you've got your evidence Hazel.

xx Diane 

Thu May 9 4:33 pm  #4970

Good afternoon, it has been a beautiful day , I had my hair cut this morning and spent the afternoon planting out 50 Geraniums  in-between that I went to see my mother just as I got back home she phoned as she needed me to open a jar so I did that and 30 minutes later she phoned and was  really  struggling to read a letter from the hospital so I went back to read it and found out it was an appointment for last week which she had been to , our post is so bad thank goodness they send her a text as well. 

Muddles I hope you have recovered from your disatrious day!

Last edited by starry (Thu May 9 4:34 pm)

Board footera