50plus-bees2

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Thu May 9 7:27 pm  #4971

Re: Good Morning

Evening all. My foot that I dropped the railway sleeper on hadn't bruised on the top but last night I noticed the bruise has come out in a long 1" wide strip along the lower edge almost underneath on the sole. Plus there's a nasty bruise now come out on the big toe joint where it joins the foot. It's getting bigger and black with each day I hope that's not a bad sign.

I'm off early tomorrow to get 4 new tyres fitted to the car, almost £500 pffft but the side walls are perished on the existing ones so I have no alternative. 

Not done much today been trying to rest my foot with my leg up on a footstool. 

If walking was good for you postmen would be immortal

Fri May 10 3:44 pm  #4972

Good afternoon , Muddles hope your foot is on the mend.  I have just been  watering Nematodes into the soil , I have so many slugs and can't use pellets because of the grandsons and also I would rather use a natural solution. I used Nematodes for the leather jackets that started to appear last year and they really worked and  got rid of them so I thought I would give the slug ones a go and hopefully they will work as well as the Leather jackets ones.
Today has been hot, I did some gardening and then sat and read this afternoon it is so nice being out in the sun but the forecast for next week is terrible.

Fri May 10 3:55 pm  #4973

Hello everyone

Its been another glorious day here.

Walked down and had my jab.  Very quick in and out. It did sting though and continued for a good few minutes, which I've not had before.  I did go eventually.

Wandered back home and had a chill out day after sorting out the picnic stuff for tomorrow.

xx Diane 

Sat May 11 1:00 pm  #4974

Good morning, it is a lovely day here I have been in the garden all morning.

My mother is 95 on Monday but as most of her great grandchildren and grandchildren are at work on Monday we are giving her a party tomorrow morning then tomorrow night we are taking her out for a Chinese meal which is one of her favourites, on her actual birthday she  is having a group of friends round for coffee and birthday cake and in the afternoon  my niece and three of her children are going to see her along with my girls and my two little grandsons so it is all go!  

Sun May 12 9:11 am  #4975

Good morning everyone.

Its another lovely day here.

I haven't managed to see the Northern Lights the last couple of nights. I've looked when I was awake, but nothing.

It's going to be a quiet day here. I am going to change and wash the bed. I was planning on getting out in the garden and  doing some more work.  But had a busy day yesterday. I did the  picnic and  we had a lovely day down at the beach.  I didn't go in for a swim as I thought was too early in the year, but  they all enjoyed it and said it was lovely.  I've really caught the sun

xx Diane 

Sun May 12 11:50 am  #4976

Party number one done and dusted, my mother loved every minute she is going to have a lazy afternoon and then tonight we are out for our Chinese meal . Tomorrow we start all over again with her friends coming for coffee and cake.
It is another lovely day but we have a weather warning for heavy rain and thunder and lightning later today . 

Mon May 13 7:59 am  #4977

Good morning everyone.

As expected, its very wet here

I'm off to bowls this afternoon. 

xx Diane 

Tue May 14 8:52 am  #4978

Good morning everyone.

Its another damp day here but I'm not sure if its raining now

I want to paint my air dry clay angel.

xx Diane 

Tue May 14 10:30 am  #4979

Good morning windy and chilly here, I am just waiting to hear from Pippa to see if she is going into hospital or not, we are really pushing for an MRI scan as they are treating the pain but  not finding out the cause and her heart is now being affected by the constant pain she is in, we feel we are on a  roundabout and can't get of , it is looking more likely that we will end up going privately, it is so  frustrating my son damaged his shoulder the hospital have been excellent and he had an MRI scan almost immediately so why the consultants Pippa is under don't let her have one is just odd, our GP is going to see what she can do and agrees we cant go on like this !

Muddles have you decided on someone to build you a new porch? would be nice to get it done before the winter.

Tue May 14 9:08 pm  #4980

Evening all another wet day here. 

Starry I'm erring on the guy from Newquay, the family business. A timber construction with rubber roof and proper foundation, insulated etc. I did think about uPVC but it's so much more expensive and I don't feel inclined to spend that much on someone else's property, which this is. I'd like the uPVC but the timber one is a fraction of the cost and once it's painted white all over it'll look really nice. So I'm going to contact the company next week probably about coming to give me an updated estimate/quote. 

My foot is now back to normal, just very slightly tender so I was really lucky I didn't end up with several broken bones. 

The new tyres are brilliant, it was just over £528 but that included the tracking so not too horrendous and you can notice the difference to the ride.

I'm off to the garden centre on Thursday with Chloe and Jackie, we're expecting Suzanne to not bother to turn up but you never know. Jackie wants to get me a house plant as a thank you for helping her get her money back from Amazon, I gave her Bezos personal email and it was sorted and she had her money in her account within 12 hours. She'd been battling to get her money back for over a year. It was over £1,700 so she was over the moon to get it back. They also gave her £50 compensation for all the hassle it had caused, which she wanted to give me, but I told her I didnt want anything, I was just glad to help.

If walking was good for you postmen would be immortal

Board footera