50plus-bees2

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Thu May 23 4:31 pm  #5001

Re: Good Morning

Blimey just looked and my last post is like War and Peace, sorry LOL  So much going on tho lately.

If walking was good for you postmen would be immortal

Thu May 23 4:48 pm  #5002

Muddles you should write a book about your garden!   Paul was given  some lovely gifts and cards on his last day, he always has a lot of things going on , he builds remote control planes and is a  member of a flying club, he actually had a pilots licence and would have made a career of flying but he is colour blind so cant fly at night , he walks on average 35 miles a week which takes a few hours each day so although he will miss the old ladies he wont miss driving the mini bus.

Thu May 23 9:09 pm  #5003

LOL It would be a pretty long book Starry, it's been 10yrs to get this far and no guarantee this will be the end of it. 

aawwww thats great Paul had a lot of gifts on his last day.  He has plenty to keep him going then with hobbies and things. 

Fri May 24 8:53 am  #5004

Morning all, up with the lark today expecting workmen, nothing. But then the meeting is at 2pm so they'll probably turn up around then. 

Nice dry day. Recycling men have been and left me a love letter, I put out some plastic trays (the lattice type you see in the greengrocers) and some clear rigid green plastic pots you get half a dozen or so plants sent in, but they don't take those, so will either put them in a black bag and hope the bin men take them next week or else I'll have to take a trip to the tip. pfffft

I'm out to lunch Sunday with Suzanne, Chloe's up and walking a few steps after her 6hour operation on her femur and the knee replacement replacement < thats not a typo, she had the replacement last year and its collapsed again so needed replacing again.  She has amazing stamina, she was 79 in March and despite her physical problems she doesn't let anything stop her. 

I may ring Carol if I get time to check she's ok as not heard from her for a while. 

Hope you all have a good day!  xxx 

Fri May 24 9:37 am  #5005

Good morning everyone.

Its dry here but cloudy.

I suppose I'll be bed changing / washing and housework today 

At last something is happening with your garden Hazel. Hope it all gets sorted

xx Diane 

Fri May 24 10:37 am  #5006

Thanks Diane x

Well after a meeting in the garden at 2.30 (they were late) at last they're putting the trench and soak away where I suggested. Then said they would also address the uneven lawn as it's really bad and you could easily twist your ankle on it. BUT they want to spread a ton of top soil over the existing lawn (it's 150sqm) over the grass and weeds and rake it over to fill in the dips, then reseed it.  

The birds will eat the seed, it'll blow away in the wind and what does cling on will need watering twice a day for 6 weeks while it germinates.  I don't have an outside tap and I can't do it with a watering can. So I've told them either they remove the turf thats there and put top soil down and re-turf it or it stays as it is. I've lived with the lumps and bumps for 10yrs.  I told them as its taken them 10yrs to get round to sorting out the windows and doors and the flooding its the least they could do to returf the lawn and not reseed it.   

They've gone away to think about it. pffft. The bloke who was going to drive the digger is in hospital and will be out sometime over the weekend so work won't start until at least Tuesday/Wednesday.  Which means the skip is still in my drive and the digger still in the garden. I am having to park in a neighbours drive who doesnt have a car but she will be having lots of visitors this weekend as it's Bank Holiday. 

Pffft..... 

Fri May 24 3:50 pm  #5007

.Good afternoon, everyone. I'm finally starting to feel the benefits of my iron infusion three weeks ago, and I still have another week before experiencing the full effects. Whenever I turn on the TV, I fall asleep for a couple of hours. I've turned into my mother, she always fell asleep in front of the goggle box.

Fri May 24 6:08 pm  #5008

Hi Carol, it's so good to see you and even better to read you're feeling better from your iron infusion. Are you able to eat more now or still on the limited diet?

Sat May 25 7:55 am  #5009

Good morning, I am going to make the most of the weather today as the rest of the bank holiday is awful. 

Carol I hope you continue to improve.

I am already sick and tired of the election can't wait for it to over and done with.

Have a nice day everyone 

Sat May 25 9:07 am  #5010

Good morning everyone.

It's dry cloudy and bits of blue sky here at the moment. The forecast was for rain.

Lola is travelling to collect Maya, so its a quiet day today.

Its quite amusing in a sick way that the rats are jumping that sinking ship though!!!

xx Diane 

Board footera