50plus-bees2

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Fri Jun 21 9:38 am  #5081

Re: Good Morning

Good morning everyone.

Its dry here at the moment but heavy rain is expected 

I'm off to Crafternoon - Kumihimo Braiding so looks like I'll get wet.

I'll do some washing and change the bed before I go

The museum visit went well Hazel and I'll be going back for another look round.  It's the one by the Folly.  The Keep is the other museum which is also fascinating too.

I suppose it depends how long the gardener took to do your garden Hazel but I've always found her very reasonable.

xx Diane 

Sat Jun 22 7:49 am  #5082

Good morning, we had a lot of rain in the night , hopefully the sun will come out soon.

Diane what is Kumihmo Braiding? I have never heard of it.

Sat Jun 22 8:46 am  #5083

Good Morning everyone.

Its dry but cloudy here.

Just got a message from Paul that we are out somewhere with a picnic - so better get to it!

Kumihimo was good yesterday and I made a sweet bracelet which I promptly left on the table there so will collect it Wednesday.

Its a bit like French Knitting (with a cotton reel) but more sophisticated Starry

xx Diane 

Sun Jun 23 6:45 am  #5084

It is  beautiful day and we have a three hour drive ahead of us, we are going to Thorpe Bay not far from Southend to Paul's daughters for a BBQ.  we are not driving all the way back tonight , we have booked a hotel  for the night ,we both decided the round trip is too long for us now especially as the route is a busy one and not very enjoyable.
Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

Sun Jun 23 9:07 am  #5085

Good morning everyone.

Its wet here - more damp I suppose.

It was a toss up between a chill out day or gardening - so that's decided at least.

xx Diane 

Sun Jun 23 7:11 pm  #5086

Evening all. Been out to lunch again today, and a trip to a garden centre at Hewas Water. Bought some plants for 2 containers to go out the front by the front door, I already have some compost. Lunch was lovely but the creme brûlée dessert did my blood glucose in. It was 6.2 before I went out and 10.2 when I had my tea at 6pm. oops.  Oh well it'll be back to normal tomorrow. 

I saw we have a heatwave coming on BBC tonight, yet on Countryfile weather there was no mention of it, just temps of about 26C for a couple of days. I think it's a case of the BBC exaggerating again. pffft. 

Hope you all had a great Sunday xxx

If walking was good for you postmen would be immortal

Mon Jun 24 10:32 am  #5087

Good morning everyone.

Its dry here but very cloudy.

I'm off to bowls this afternoon.

xx Diane 

Mon Jun 24 12:37 pm  #5088

We have got a lovely day here. I have cut the grass back and front before it got too hot , we had a lovely day at Pauls daughters  they did a lovely BBQ , we both ate far too much and need to eat sensibly this week as we are going to another BBQ next Saturday .

Mon Jun 24 10:07 pm  #5089

It's been an odd day weather wise. Damp but very humid and muggy. I suppose that's the heatwave on the way.  I ordered the new lawnmower this morning and it'll be here either tomorrow or the next day at the latest. It's only got to come from Exeter, and DPD have collected it already. Amazing service from Stiga Ltd the manufacturer. It comes with a 5 year guarantee which is brilliant.  It's a Stiga Collector 140e cordless mower which uses 2 x 20v batteries simultaneously and can cut up to 60 mins on one charge or 530sqm. It's supposed to have the same power as a petrol mower. So we will wait and see. It's for when there's been a long period of rain and the grass gets too long for the little robot and the first cut after winter, so it won't be used that often, but it is needed as the other cordless mower I have, also a Stiga, is a smaller model and not man enough for the big back lawn. 

Dora's back to normal thank goodness. Her anti itch shampoo and her anti itch oils for her food arrived today, the poor thing has pollen and grass seed allergies so has scratched herself raw in some places. I'm hoping the shampoo and oil will help her.

I had lunch yesterday at a different garden centre with the gang, it was lovely. It's so nice to get out and have a natter and a laugh. I'm enjoying being sociable again. 

If walking was good for you postmen would be immortal

Tue Jun 25 7:38 am  #5090

Good morning, Hazel I love my cordless mower, I have a fair size lawn in the front garden and  back garden and in front of the house is a large grassy verge so I cut mine and my neighbours and my mower still has plenty of power left and it is four years old now. I have a cordless strimmer which is my all time favourite the grass edges look so neat now , it used to take ages doing then  with shears.
Another hot day , yesterday was lovely I spent all day in the garden and I think it will be the same today.

Board footera